Application and Enrollment for Welding Classes
Admission Procedures & Requirements
An enrollee must be 17 years of age or have the consent of a parent or guardian to begin coursework on their designated start day. A student may submit an application and non-refundable $100 application fee at any time to reserve their booth space and place on the roster for a given start date.
Attendance & Graduation Requirements
90% attendance is expected by all students, regardless of the course they are enrolled in. If attendance falls below threshold they will be given a warning. When attendance falls below 90% after a warning, the student will be terminated from instruction. All students that complete their determined course are considered graduates. All graduates are NOT considered certified welders. Certification is determined by a Pass/Fail weld test system.
Students will be expected to maintain a passing grade in all components of enrollment. Components include classroom, laboratory and attendance. Classroom 15%, Laboratory & Skills Training 75%, Attendance 10%. If a student’s comprehensive grade is below 50% at the conclusion of their determined course, it will be considered a FAIL.
Students are required at all times of instruction to be clothed in steel-toed boots, denim – free of holes or fringes & fraying, a long sleeve button-down shirt & safety glasses.
Equipment purchases along with materials consumables are included in tuition costs. The following list shows what is included:
- 2 sets leather welding gloves
- 4” grinder
- (1) 1/8” grinding disc
- (1) 1/4” grinding disc
- wire brush
- hand brush
- face shield
- safety glasses
- tip cleaner
- vice grip clamps
- welding hood
- bucket with liner
- chipping hammer
- half bastard file
Important Policies & Procedures
Withdrawal & Refund Procedure
- If a student withdrawals from coursework in the first 5 days of instruction, a 75% refund of the full tuition price of their determined course will be refunded.
- If a student withdrawals from coursework during the first 1/3 or 1/6, respectively, of their assigned course, but before the midpoint, a 25% refund of the full tuition price of their determined course will be refunded.
- If a student withdrawals from coursework after the halfway point of instruction, week 3 or 6 respectively, there will be no refund granted to the student.
- All of the above-related policy excludes Saturdays, Sundays & Nationally recognized Holidays.
- In the event of a formal grievance, a student will be expected to report the grievance to their instructor.
- If the grievance remains unsettled after 5 business days, a student may report to the building administrator.
- If a resolution is undetermined after an additional 5 business days a student will be advised to reach the MO Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development.
Transcript Issuance Policy
- Transcripts will be provided to graduates upon completion of their determined coursework.
- Additionally, transcripts will be issued upon request at time post-graduation for no processing fee.
Reserve your booth now!
Like this? Please share it!